This Item Eligibility Policy (“Policy”) is incorporated into the Amplifier terms of service as published on the Amplifier website (“Terms”). The Terms shall control in the event of any conflict or inconsistency between this Policy and the Terms. All capitalized terms not otherwise defined in this Policy will have the meaning given them in the Terms.
Also be advised that specific destinations, carriers, and insurance providers may have additional policies, limitations, or fees separate from Amplifier, for which you are solely responsible.
- Any shippable product must be able to pass five 4-foot drop tests (flat on top; flat on base; flat on shortest side; flat on longest side; on a corner) onto a hard surface without the product breaking;
- Any shippable product must also be able to withstand a full minute of vigorous shaking, both by itself and also in its intended shipping container, without any contents breaking.
You must obtain written approval from Amplifier prior to sending the following types of items to Amplifier. Their characteristics require special attention or limitations of service by Amplifier, and you must sign a product-specific addendum to the Terms before the items can be processed. If you fail to obtain such approval in advance of shipping Conditional items, Amplifier is not responsible for any processing delays or associated costs:
- Regulated Products and products with specific transportation restrictions and/or limitations;
- High-value products, or restricted monetary equivalents, including products with a replacement value over $200 per item or cash equivalents;
- Hazardous and/or dangerous products, including: aerosols and flammable liquids; perfumes and fragrances; weapons and knives; Lithium-ion batteries; any product with, or requiring, a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS);
- Products not in bags that can be damaged by dust;
- Posters or flyers which require rolling or packaging to prevent crushing;
- Used and previously-owned products;
- Adult-oriented products;
- Over-sized products, including: individual products weighing more than 30 lbs. (13.6 kg), products with any dimension longer than 24 inches. Carriers also charge higher fees for larger items independent of their actual weight. These fees are based on a measure of the package density known as the “dimensional weight.”
- Temperature- and pressure-sensitive products, including:
- Products that would become brittle or otherwise be damaged in temperatures < 32° F (0° C)
- Products that would melt or otherwise be damaged in temperatures > 90° F (32° C)
- Products susceptible to damage because of any condition that may be encountered in air transportation, such as high or low temperature, high or low atmospheric pressure, or sudden changes in either;
- Products (or product packaging) that are susceptible to damage through ordinary handling or extended storage;
- On-demand items that are not made or printed by Amplifier.
Amplifier also prohibits and will not handle:
- Any products related to illegal activities, or which are prohibited by law in the place of origin, destination, or any locations through which the products travel.
- Products that are considered lewd, obscene, or pornographic, or that violate the community standards of the place of origin, the destination, or any locations through which the product travels.
- Products requiring specific licenses to store or distribute. Examples of products with distribution and licensing requirements may include, but are not limited to: tobacco, ammunition & firearms, explosive or hazardous products, prescription pharmaceuticals, live plants and animals, precious metals (gold, silver, etc.), products containing perishables.
Amplifier may take corrective or preventative actions to protect itself and its clients at any time. Any user violating this policy voids any implied or express warranties and violates the Amplifier Terms. Violating this policy may also result in the temporary or permanent suspension of Amplifier’s services on your behalf, the denial of access to your account, and/or the termination of your account and other accounts you have with Amplifier. If you have an account that is permanently closed for violating this policy, you may also be barred from future use of Amplifier and its services, and such clients are not permitted to directly or indirectly open new or additional Amplifier accounts on behalf of themselves or others.